I feel that the frame print in the center has too much blue, so here is what I did. I took a number of photo's of Lily's fur (same color as Benson's fur was) and arranged them on my photo software to print all 12 photos with no spaces in between. Then I printed it on white fabric using the freezer paper method.
The next step is to cut the fabric into strips and piece it together. Or maybe sew the three sheets together and then cut into strips. Whatever is easiest.
I will then turn under the long edges and appliqué it over the square flowered border on the frame print.
This photo shows a mock up with the fur photos printed onto paper and temporarily glued to the frame. Benson is still in the hoop, but I have printed a larger and more saturated image to use on the real project.
This is one of my fur fabric sheets, printed onto fabric using freezer paper. I used the same sheet of FP three times and it kept working!
Wow! Printing one's own fabric has endless possibilities... More will be revealed.
Here is the finished pieced border. I think I want to assemble the quilt before starting the embroidery. I hope it won't be too unwieldy.
I want to do two steps of trapunto: one behind the photo of Benson, and one on the back of the two sets of "leaves" framing his photo.