Well, I thought this was finished. It was bound, washed and on on my bed! Then I realized that it didn't come down to cover the side boards on our bed. I don't know what I was thinking of... I was focused on having 7 x 7 blocks, for a total of 49. 7 x 12" is 84," right?
I know how big my bed is, and it did not occur to me until yesterday that I should have made more stars, or added a border, since I really need 96."
So the other day I went to buy some fabric to make a border. It will be 6" wide and green. It will be quilted and then added in QAYG. I am kind of excited about trying this, having read about several ways of doing it. And I can practice some border busting designs!!!
Luckily I had enough backing and sashing fabric left, although I had to piece it. I don't mind this a bit, in fact, I like being able to use what I have. Plus, I could get no more of these if I wanted to...
So, I am not done. Here is the border fabric.
Today is my birthday, and we just got back from lunch and a movie. I am ready to get cracking on my new UFO !!
I would like to get this done quickly, as I want to make a Victorian outfit to wear to the Dickens Faire in San Francisco next month. I haven't sewn garments in quite a while, so I want to take my time with it.