Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Place Mats





Here are some fabrics I am auditioning for some place mats. I first saw a great tutorial for these over on Lisa's blog, Shiner's View.  I want to make these for my girlfriend, who already has made herself napkins with the green batik.   She also made some purple batik ones.

The green batik is her own leftover that she gave me, and the purple is one one from my stash that I think will match.  I think it will be really fun to give her these place mats with her own fabric in them!

The ivory background is linen.  I just remembered I had this!  It is cut from antique linen sheets I inherited from my grandmother.  I had used two of them to make our bedroom curtains, and the sheets were so long that I had to cut off 30" at the bottom of each.  Consequently I have more than enough to make 6 placemats.

Knowing Cherie, she will say, "Yikes, white!  These will get dirty!"   I made her two quilted pot holders some time ago and she refuses to use them!

2 comments:

  1. These are GREAT!!! I kept thinking I would make a set for me ... but still haven't ... hope you're more successful and your friend loves them! thanks for stopping by!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. This is just an audition of fabrics. I will post pics when I finish them. It might be today, as they are all pinned and ready to see the perimeters. I have one sewn, turned and closed.

      Thank you again,
      Nicky

      Delete