Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, November 30, 2012

Bread Bag

We love pistachios, and the ones we buy at our local Grocery Outlet come in these nice heavy cotton cloth bags.  I can't bear to throw them out, so I have been saving them.   I finally thought of something to make from them!

A few months ago I asked for a bread machine on Free Cycle, and I got one!  It works perfectly, and I have been making wonderful whole wheat bread all the time ever since. 

I have found that the bread doesn't like plastic bags, and does best wrapped in a dish towel.   So, I took apart two of the pistachio bags and combined them to make a bread bag! 

I also tried the Overcasting Stitch on my Janome Horizon to stitch the bag, which works great!  I have had the machine for close to two years, and have not used any of the specialty feet.   I have resolved to go through the book and try each one.

Anyway, here are some pics of my Pistachio Bread bags.  I plan to make a baguette bag as well, by sewing two of the bags end to end.






2 comments:

  1. Excellent idea, I can never keep the bags around long enough to do this, my kids use them for everything :D What I did discover is tea towels work wonderfully as a bread bag or as gift bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea towels at a good idea too! In fac,t fabric scraps in general would make great gift bags. I had not thought of gift bags at all! Thank you Christina for a timely Christmas idea!

    ReplyDelete